- What made you start your own RTW brand?
- I always had a passion for fashion but I never thought I would do anything about it. I finally decided to put my passion to the test and it’s serving me well right now. I hope that I can dedicate more time
to it although honestly, I have my family and I’m always trying to prioritize them over all else.
- Describe your brand in three words.
- Simple. Hip. Up-to-date.
-What is your main source of inspiration?
- I get my inspiration from everyday life. I don’t think much of who did what, I always try to be unique. Although in the end I find that it’s a collective pool. Like all things in life thoughts travel; some think,
some do and some excel.
- You mentioned the 70s when talking about your next collection. Do share.
-Yes, my next collection is inspired by the 70s; Flair legged jeans and ruffled tops and dresses. Personally it’s my favorite collection so far, it basically has everything that I love in it.
- What are the main obstacles that come your way?
- Fabrics. Fabrics. Fabrics. The market lacks good quality fabrics, it is also lacking in variety. I do the best I can with the imported material that I find, but then again there’s so much out there I’d like to
access as a designer.
- Where do you sell your creations?
- I display my pieces at Flair Boutique and soon in two other stores, one in New Cairo and the other in Zamalek.
- Future plans?
- I intend to go international but I need to build a good base and name here first and gain more experience of course.
- Where do you hope to see MAYA?
- Right next to internationally recognized brands. I’d like to represent my country on the international stage.
FOLLOW MAYA On Instagram: @mayashiha